22 Feb 2013 09:27 pm
After 18 years in the New York fashion industry, Dana Osborne-Biggs decided to focus on what she loves doing most- designing one-of-a-kind leather bags and accessories. As founder of Urban Heirlooms, Dana designs and crafts fashion accessories distinguished by high-end leather, gorgeous antique and vintage keys, and vintage textiles. Every handmade piece is “a piece of history”.
Company Name: Urban Heirlooms
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
What products/services does your business offer:
Urban Heirlooms offers high-quality leather bags, card holders, cuff bracelets, wallets for women and men, antique key necklaces and more!
Milestones and Accomplishments:
- Featured on Black Enterprise, January 1, 2012
- Featured on Bajan Scent, March 26, 2010
- Featured on Ever So Lovely
- Featured Seller on the Etsy Blog, February 2, 2009
- Featured on Copperleafstudios.net, October 26, 2009
- Featured on NJ.com, January 15, 2010
- Featured in Arts in Rhode Island, January 16, 2009
- BA in Fashion Design and spent time as a millinery apprentice and dressmaker’s apprentice
- Work experience includes design and graphic design for both childrens’ wear and women’s intimate apparel.
Needs: Local Intern, 1-2 seamstresses, capital